You’re in need of the perfect look for an unannounced date. However, your hair is still in a condition that has just been washed and no longer has time to style. Or you simply want a fresh, natural damp hair look. Then this is the place you need to go.
What style looks good with your damp hair, what makes you comfortable with it, and how to get it are what we will cover in this article.
There are many different types of hair and of course, they will also have different ways of caring. Identify and use the right products that will give you the best results.
Start getting the information below to get what you want!
Define Your Type Of Hair
The first style is straight hair. As the name suggests, straight hair after washing has a certain smoothness and folds, so it is easy to style.
However, this type of hair when dry can lose its smoothness, and hair roots are easily flattened, losing volume.
Usually, some tight hairstyles would work best for straight hair because the tightness would keep the hair in place for a long time.
E.g: crossed over twists, ponytail with a twist (bun) and criss-cross chignon.
Related: Can You Use Curly Shampoo On Straight Hair?
The second type is wavy hair lying between straight hair and curly hair. This hairstyle will give you a voluminous look even when naturally dry.
However, this hairstyle will also cause trouble for you if you do not take care after washing. Because they are light curls, they will easily lose their ripple waves and look messy.
Few hairstyles are best suited for wavy hair: asymmetrical bob, pixie cut, inverted bob, etc.
Curly hair is a complicated hairstyle but it is a popular hairstyle that gives you a beautiful look. If you want your curly hair to look good, you’ll have to take care of it properly.
This type of hair is often prone to brittleness and dryness. So brush and use conditioner immediately after washing to retain as much moisture as possible.
You should avoid using a dryer after drying to prevent frizz and just let the curly hair air dry.
You May Also Like to Read: Why Does My Hair Curl At The End?
Coiled hair is a more difficult and complex curly hair.
To ensure you don’t damage your coiled hair during styling, it is recommended to apply the hair products during showering and then avoid using any combs when you’re styling.
Just using your fingers to twist and curl will be enough. The main disadvantage of having coiled hair is that it is easily damageable so extreme hair is needed especially during styling.
Hair Care After Washing
At this point, it’s easy to determine your hair type and think about the hairstyle you want.
However, before styling your hair, it is important that you take good care of them. If you do not do this, after a while, your styled hair will lose its beauty as it was just styled after shampooing.
There are three simple and popular ways to moisturize your hair: leave-in conditioners, moisturizers (also known as hair milk), and oils.
You can go through the three down below and decide what’s best for you. It’s not necessary to apply all three, just one that suits you would be more than enough.
As suggested by the name, it’s pretty self-explanatory. Different from the traditional ones, they will stick to your hair after use. They will hydrate, protect the hair strands and make them look smooth and healthy.
All hair types can use them. Especially if you have dry, frizzy, or easily damaged hair. They will protect and provide comprehensive nourishment to your hair without weighing it down.
- Gently pat hair dry, removing excess water.
- Take some conditioner and apply it evenly to the ends of your hair.
- Simply comb your hair with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb. Your hair is now fully moisturized and protected, just style it afterward.
Note: You don’t need to wash your hair again after using leave-in conditioner.
Moisturizers or Hair Milk
Another thing you can use to moisturize your hair before styling is a moisturizer or hair conditioner. They have a thicker consistency than leave-in conditioners but are lighter than hair oils.
After you wash, your hair is still wet, so you can easily style it. However, after a while, the water will automatically dry and ruin the hairstyle you want.
So if you want to keep your perfect hairstyle after washing, then a moisturizer (or hair conditioner) will do the job well.
You should apply the product immediately after washing so that the product penetrates the hair while the hair is still damp.
Take an appropriate amount for hair, spread evenly and gently massage with fingers and leave. This way, your hair is well-moisturized and styled easily.
Check out: Top 10+ Best Deep Conditioner Reviews
Hair oil will also be an appropriate choice if you have dry, frizzy, severely damaged hair. The heavy nature of the oil allows it to lock in moisture in your hair and give your hair a shiny, manageable look.
However, because of this heavy nature, hair oils can make your hair lose its volume and easily fall flat. Therefore, ensure you only apply at the ends of your hair.
This is also why light oils are recommended to moisturize the hair, e.g. macadamia oil, camellia oil, olive oil, etc.
- After washing your hair, use a towel to dry your hair gently.
- Then take some oil, gently squeeze the ends of your hair.
Similarly for those with curly or curled hair, squeeze the oil evenly in the curls.
This will help moisturize your hair, making styling easy and hassle-free.
Top 5 Ways to Style Your Hair After Washing
After finishing defining and moisturizing the hair. You can now move on to the final step: Styling.
There are many different ways you can style your hair after washing and caring. The right hairstyle will make you look like a superstar for the rest of the day.
In this article, we mainly gather simple and suitable ways for all hair types mentioned above. To make it easier to visualize the results, we have attached pictures of each style.
Go through the list and choose the one that works best for you!
This type of style works best if you have straight or even wavy hair.
This is one of the simplest and decent styles you can go for after washing your hair.
- Grab some bobby pins and a comb (Since you’ve already moisturized your hair).
- Grab your hair at full length and put it in a ponytail.
- Then, grab the hair below the knot and tie it around the knot of your ponytail.
- After that, just secure it with some bobby pins and you’re done!
Half-up and Half-down Bun
Another one for straight and wavy hair is the half-up and the half-down bun. This is very similar to the top knot but only a few changes in the end after you’ve secured your top knot.
These kinds of styles for your hair are best because they can be done easily and quickly without taking too much of your time.
- First, separate your hair into two even sections and clip the bottom half.
- Now, after moisturizing the top with some gel, do the same as the bottom half but this time make sure you brush the hair at the top towards the top of your head so it is easy to gather that hair into a bun.
- Secure this bun with a hair tie. Do the same for the remaining half of your top section.
- Leave the bottom half of your hair down and you’ve got yourself a nice wash-and-go hairstyle ready!
This one is another great and common style for straight or even wavy hair.
- To style your hair to do a chignon, first, you have to set the basis for the hairstyle.
- Grab your hair from the middle and downwards and after spraying some hair spray onto it, comb it down to create a sleek look.
- After you’ve done that, you can easily put your hair in a ponytail. The basis is set for your chignon hairstyle.
- Now, grab the bottom of the ponytail and create a loop just so that the ends are pointing towards your crown.
- The loop shouldn’t be that tight, for chignons, doing this gives your hair more volume than other hairstyles.
- Just lock that loop there with the help of some bobby pins.
If you still have some loose ends, split the ends in half and use some bobby pins to lock them in place as well. This helps give your hairstyle a neat and organized look!
Read more: Can You Use Hairspray as a Heat Protectant?
Before styling your hair to get a faux hawk, make sure you towel dry your hair to the fullest because usually drier hair is recommended for a faux hawk.
- Start by separating the topmost layer of your hair, use a comb for neatness. Gently hold that layer apart from the rest of your hair.
- The next part is important, you have to start twisting small portions of hair on one side of your head and then pin those portions to the middle of the head with the help of bobby pins. Keep on doing this till the nape of your neck.
- Make sure both the sides are lined up properly, if not then don’t bother redoing all that because the hair in the middle will hide it anyways, let the crown loose and backcomb it so it looks neater than before when it was in the clamp or tied separately.
- Now, give the crown a final twirl so that it falls back with the hair in the middle, apply some hair spray and that’s it.
These instructions were for straight hair but if you have curly hair and wish to have a faux hawk, then just create a series of ponytails along the length of your head and use a comb to brush out your curls.
This even adds extra volume and dimension to your curly hair!
Flat Twists Low Bun
Another speciality for mostly curly hair is the flat twists low bun, this also pays homage to the ’90s and is still a classic style to opt for.
Now, to style your hair in this way is not very difficult and it is also time-saving.
- Firstly, just part the hair horizontally from the middle of your head. Pin the back hair up so it does not mix with the front section.
- Further, part the front section into two vertically and apply some hair gel to the roots on both sides.
- Start from the start of your hairline and start twisting them until you reach the middle of your head, do this on both sides.
- The rest is pretty simple, all you have to do is comb the back section of your hair out and pull that (along with the twists you made before this step) into a ponytail.
- Roll this ponytail into a bun and lock it with some bobby pins. Pretty similar to a simple bun but in this style, flat twists are the key to look different.
It isn’t restricted to only curly hair, it can also be done with straight or wavy hair but it looks best with curly hair.
That is all, some moisturizing with the product of your liking will give your hair good volume, and then the styling part is up to you!
As mentioned above there are many hairstyles you can do with your hair after washing.
It is important that you determine the type of hair as well as the hairstyle you want. Taking care of your hair after washing is also very important for you to achieve the desired hairstyle.
Hopefully, after reading our article, you have the useful information you need. See you in the next post!
Read more: How To Grow Dreadlocks From Short Hair?
Leave a Reply